Most companies and markets use social media as an important part of their marketing, advertising, promoting and branding tools. Real estate is one of these.
With the use of social media and mobile marketing, realtors can find a whole new platform to promote not only their businesses and companies, but also their individual properties.
Mobile Strategies Growing
It’s rare to see a “For Sale” sign these days without some sort of mobile or social media connection to it, whether it’s a mobile phone number, a number to text or a Facebook page.
Most people check out the property on social media before ever contacting a realtor. Mobile strategies and social media are huge tools for expanding value growth in a company and for any business strategy.
As the following article looks at, taking a look around at expert profiles and advice can be a big help for those interested in improving these things, for instance, Jim Decker’s profile is a good one to check into.
Other ways realtors can use social media is through the big platforms and also some other creative measures, like blogs.
Check out some of these ideas:
- Post new properties on social media – Use both your personal and your professional to post new listings. Give a brief description, location and include at least one photo.
- Enlist your friends and followers to share your posts – You never know whose Facebook friend may be looking to move into the very area where you just listed a new property.
- Use more than one social media platform – Reach out through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, even Pinterest. Remember to change up your posts to fit the personality of each platform.
- Incorporate a blog – Not only can you include your listings in your blog, but you can also write about buying, selling, and even upkeep and remodels of homes. You can include anything from holiday décor to hot trends in paint colors. This will keep your customers interested in you, so they don’t just think of you when it’s time to buy or sell. This in turn is great for referrals!
- Stay authentic and engaging – Keep your posts upbeat and positive. Don’t be too modest to post an excited sale. Respond to comments and offer a place your clients can get advice along with a good look at your properties.
- Be consistent with your posts – Even if you don’t have a new listing, find something relevant to post about, maybe something as simple as “Spring is a great time to spruce up with flowers” and add a captivating garden or flower picture or a “Please remember to bring your pets in during the cold” with a cute dog picture (everyone loves dog pictures). Remember, you can also be a “friend” in addition to a realtor. This also goes with the authentic and engaging part.
Social media has leaped into everyone’s world; you never know where you may hit upon a new client. And one may lead to many more.
Isn’t that what social media is all about?
About the Author: Heather Legg is a writer who covers topics including social media, home business and marketing angles.
Blogs have become more than just a place to share your thoughts or vent your opinions. They are a source of information, of ideas that can provide helpful solutions to readers.
Retirement planning providers can benefit by adding a blog to their website. It increases traffic by those who could potentially use the services being offered by the company.
However, a blog should be more than a sales tool.
It should provide valuable information for those who are reading it.
As the following article shows, if you are planning to add a retirement planning blog to your website, follow these tips to make it successful.
Make It User-Friendly
Your blog should be customer-centric, meaning that it should be focused on the consumer and what he or she needs. Provide information that is of value to the readers and make sure to translate complex financial information into layman terms.
It is a good idea to keep the blog posts short and break down a subject into small sections that are covered on multiple blogs. This helps prevent information overload for the average reader.
Include these other hints for a successful blog:
- Use subheadings so that the reader can skim to find information relevant to him or her – people at various stages of retirement planning will be searching for specific information;
- Include a search feature or categories to help readers find the topics of interest to them;
- Include a section for comments or questions to provide for interaction with your audience – make sure to read this section regularly and provide answers to the questions;
- Include links to social networks that allow readers to share the posts – this step increases your readership and helps your blog to grow.
Be an Authority
Unlike a personal blog that is full of opinions and ideas, a professional blog should establish a retirement provider as an authority. Your blog should show that you are knowledgeable about the subject of retirement planning to make people feel comfortable using your services.
When customers are looking for information about retirement planning, they should be able to find a blog that is well-written, provides detailed information and is backed by quality references. Links to resources and statistics should be provided to give readers a sense of trust about the information provided.
The blog should be error-free and grammatically correct. While this might sound like an obvious statement, far too many blogs contain errors or are poorly written.
Readers are astute and if they see that you make mistakes in your blog, they may wonder if you will also make mistakes when handling their money.
A blog can be an essential part of a retirement plan provider’s marketing strategy while providing valuable information to the consumer.
For it to be effective, it must be easy to understand, enjoyable to read and accurate.
This type of blog will give a greater return on investment and encourage the audience to contact you for their retirement needs.
About the Author: Joyce Morse is an author who writes on a variety of topics, including personal finance and marketing.
In today’s economy, everyone is looking to supplement their income. This even includes seniors living off their retirement income. However, it can be difficult to find a job either because of health, age or for other reasons.
However, there are ways that they can earn money at home if they have an interest and talent for writing.
It’s easy to set up a blog on one of the numerous blogging websites available. This allows you to write about things that interest you, whether it is health issues, the grandkids, or your latest hobby creation. To monetize your site so that you can make a small income while doing what you enjoy, you can allow ads. Every time someone clicks on the ad, you earn a small reward.
You can also promote products through your blogging. Just become an affiliate with a company that you like and you earn a small commission when someone makes a purchase after visiting your site and clicking on the link. While there are hundreds of affiliate programs out there, one of the best known is Amazon.
You can also earn a decent income by freelance writing. Many magazines today have both online and print editions, which require them to find double the content. This means that they are looking for more writers to fill the empty space. Check out some of your favorite magazines to see what their requirements are.
If you want something that provides steady income, you can check out the online sites that match writers with people needing content. Some well-known names include Guru.com, Elance, and oDesk. You can also check out Craigslist ads, but beware of scammers. This is a great method to find a client that needs regular articles or blog posts though. You can choose the type of writing or subject that you enjoy and look for jobs that match your skills.
What You Need
To make it easier for you to provide a regular income as a blogger or freelance writer, you need a computer, monitor, and computer keyboard much like what you will find at major retailers such as Walmart.
If you haven’t done writing professionally before, you can take online courses to help you learn the technical aspects. You can also find many good books on writing, and specifically for writing online. Even if your goal is to become a freelance writer, you can begin by starting your own blog. This is a great way for prospective clients to see your writing ability, and it gives you some practice on writing for online readers.
Even with a limited budget, it is easy to get started as a freelance writer. You can join writing groups that provide support and information and read articles on the topic.
Thanks to today’s technology, it is easier than ever before for seniors to continue earning money even after retirement. The added bonus is that you get to work from home and do something you enjoy.
About the Author: Joyce Morse is an author who writes pieces on seniors and technology.
Today is the National Day on Writing. The New York Times Learning Network has been blogging about it and you can also follow the Twitter stream by using the hashtag #whyiwrite.
Writing has never been a skill that has come easy to me. I work hard at it!
- I write to challenge myself.
- I write to organize my ideas.
- I write to share my ideas.
- I write to connect with others.
- I write to learn!