In mathematics, the number can be perfectly classified into different types for example real numbers, natural numbers, whole numbers, rational numbers and several other kinds of available options. One of the other most important categories is the decimal numbers which are considered to be the standard form of representing the integer and non-integer numbers. Into any kind of decimal representation, people need to be clear about the concept of whole numbers side-by-side. In the world of mathematics, a decimal number is considered to be the type of number that will be having the fractional part as well as the whole number into it which will be perfectly separated by the point of the decimal. The point present in between the whole number and the fraction part is known as the decimal point for example 35.5 is a very perfect example of a decimal number in which 35 is the whole number and .5 is the fractional part.
- It will be the recurring decimal numbers which will be the repeating or non-terminating decimals.
- Another category is the non-recurring decimal numbers which will be non-repeating or terminating decimals
- Another very important category is the decimal fraction that will help in the representation of the fraction whose denominator will be in terms of the power of 10.
It is also very much important for the kids to be clear about the place value system in the world of fraction to decimal because this is the only thing that will help in defining the position of a digit into the number which will help in determining its final value in the whole process. Whenever people will be writing specific numbers the position of every digit will be very much vital throughout the whole concept.
Following are the most important properties of the decimals about which kids should be clear in the whole system:
- If any two decimal numbers are multiplied into any order the product will always remain the same throughout the process.
- If the decimal number has been divided by one the quotient will come out to be the decimal number.
- If the division of the decimal number has been undertaken by zero then it will never be possible because the reciprocal of zero will never exist.
- If zero has been divided by any kind of decimal then the quotient will come out to be zero.
- If the decimal number has been divided by the same number the quotient will come out to be one.
- If the decimal number or fraction has been multiplied by zero the product will always come out to be zero.
- If the decimal fraction is multiplied by one the product will always be the fraction itself.
- If the whole number and decimal number are multiplied into any kind of order the product will always remain the same throughout the process.
- Subtraction: This will be very much similar to the addition of numbers and for this purpose, people need to line up the decimal point of the given numbers so that subtraction can be carried out.
- Addition: At the time of adding the decimal numbers people need to line up the decimal point of the given number and add the numbers in the whole process very easily. If the decimal point is not visible then the decimal will be behind the number.
- Multiplication: For this purpose, people need to multiply the given numbers like integers in the whole process so that decimal point is not present and product can be found so that count is undertaken in the whole system without any kind of hassle.
- Division: This has been perfectly undertaken to simply divide the decimal numbers and move the decimal point into the numbers so that it becomes a whole number without any kind of problem.
Hence, depending upon Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people have a good command over the fractions to decimals and decimal to fraction conversion in the whole process which is very much easy to be learnt by the kids with the help of experts present over here.