There’s nothing more irksome than to have your laptop fail, at a crucial juncture. These issues are bound to creep in, just as you begin work on an important project. But if you have the required IT skills, you should be able to handle these issues/repairs with ease. Given that it’s been a while since we had developed the 40 ton ENIAC, way back in the 1940s, the transformation of personal computing over the decades is bound to leave anyone flabbergasted. Today the personal computer has long since transformed into a handy laptop that you can cart around but it does develop issues every now and then. When it comes to simple issues, you should be able to handle them on your own. Just read the rest of the article to know how to handle it on your own.
- Heat: When it comes to laptop repairs in San Diego, you’ll find that one of the most cited problems happens when they are not starting up. More often than not, the issue is due to a heat buildup, and this often happens when the user works with a laptop on a soft and flexible surface. That often results in the fan vents being temporarily blocked. And in that case, the issue can be easily dealt with.
- Running slowly: One of the issues most users complain about is the fact that their laptop is running slowly. In fact, when it comes to laptop repairs, this happens to be one of the top issues that most users complain about. The primary reason for any laptop to run slowly has to do with the hard disk space and if your laptop is running slowly, but only recently – then chances are that it is on account of the fact that you don’t have extra space and have long since run out of it to download files, applications, etc. This can prevent your laptop from functioning smoothly. This can cause your laptop to slow down noticeably and happens to be an issue that you can easily resolve on your own.
- Battery issue: One of the common battery issues that most users complain about is that their battery refuses to work/charge, even as it is plugged in. Again, this issue is easy to resolve on your own as well and there are but two fixes for the problem. Get your battery charged elsewhere and now, attach it back to your laptop. Now let it drain completely and try recharging it but this time, with the laptop attached. If your battery refuses to still function normally, then it is time to get a new one.
- No internet: As insane as it sounds, you would be surprised at how often this issue crops up in most computer repair shops. While the laptop is bound to wireless, it even requires a data package to access the net. And if you had not subscribed for any data plan, then chances are that you would be offline.
- Black screen; This issue is not as common as others; you can actually hear your laptop whirring away in the background and the power switch is on. But you have nothing showing up on the screen. Various reasons can cause this issue to crop up but a quick fix, advocated by most repair shops is to unplug it, remove the battery and hold the power switch down for 30 to 60 seconds. That should do the trick. Granted that you are bound to panic the moment you hit the black screen. Instead of running to a computer kiosk, just take a deep breath and try the above fix – you would be in for a surprise.
These are some of the most common issues that you are bound to come across and ones that you can resolve on your own, with ease.