The Carpet industry has remained strong despite the introduction of newer and modern flooring products like laminate, tile, vinyl, stone, or cork etc. in the market. There are several reasons to why the carpet still runs successfully, ranging from the warmth and soft texture of the carpet to its availability in different styles, colours, and materials. One such reason that makes the carpet a strong contender in the flooring business is its low maintenance in comparison to hard surface floors. If you would like professional help when it comes to cleaning carpets, you could contact Chem-Dry of Fort Worth, or a similar service near you to come out and give your carpets a good clean when you feel like they need it. Generally speaking, vacuuming your carpet regularly and giving it a good deep scrubbing once in a while is usually all that requires to keep your carpet looking good and healthy for a long period of time.
Handling stains: how to do it?
Though carpet cleaning requires very little in maintenance, spills and splashes can result in messy situations which would require you to have it clean it by professionals which depending on the location you live in and the type of stain required to clean can cost you quite the sum in repairs.
Below are some techniques you can use to try and clean the carpet on your own,
- Blotting stains: if your carpet caught tough stains don’t rub them, this will cause it to spread and result in further staining of your carpet. Dab them with a cleaning cloth, sponge or paper towel soaked in cleaning solution. Blotting it will provide little strain to the strain allowing you to absorb it more rather scrubbing it.
- Club Soda is an all-rounder: you can use club soda to remove beer and wine stains from your carpet however you require to do it correctly or it will only result in a wine and beer stain with club soda included. Not a cocktail one can appreciate. The key is spraying the club soda on the stain if it appears lighter, spray more if not apply some amounts of white vinegar in the mix along with water. Once the stain is removed rinse the spot with clean warm water and use your hands to brush the carpet to the right direction then leave it to dry after absorbing as such water you can from them.
- Dish soap eliminates grease: Dish soaps like the ones easily available on the market are great for carpet cleaning to get rid of grease. Mix it in a cup of water and spray it on the stain then gently bloat the stain till it is gone.
- Hydrogen peroxide: blood is a hard stain to remove, and you do not have to be involved with mafia for cleaning up rugs of carpet from bloodstains. Blood stains can occur quite commonly, paper cuts are a simple example of everyday blood sheds and a few drops can seriously stain your carpet. However, nothing like a few drops of hydrogen peroxide that won’t do the trick. Apply it on full strength then blot it up after it fizzes and foams with a towel or paper cloth.
- Pet stains: your pets are adorable, and they provide you with some of the brightest moments of your life, however their stains are not the most pleasant. Often pets will urinate or excrete on carpets and that can create quite a stain and an unpleasant odour making carpet cleaning a smelly task. The best way in handling such a stain is to use organic cleaners directly on the stain. It may require some cleaning but once rinsed and dried it shall return to its original state.
You can try these home remedies for carpet cleaning, in most cases these should be enough, and you will not have to fork out money in cleaning it up by a professional. However, if the stain is of a serious nature hire a professional rather than doing it yourself.