According to the latest report published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the germs for inducing COVID-19 don’t spread through surfaces. Rather, they are transited if one person comes in contact with the respiratory droplets of an infected person when he talks, coughs or sneezes.
Now as the Covid-19 situation has prevailed for a considerably sustainable period, the business and essential workspace communities have resumed their services. In order to stop the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus, we must follow the necessary guidelines that include wearing face masks in public places, frequent sanitisation of hands and maintain a decent social distance.
Wearing masks is now a mandatory suite that is being followed in various workplaces to control the spread of Covid-19 and ensure workplace safety. You must prefer wearing cotton face masks as they are very comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. You must be very cautious about handling your mask as it is something that will be in very close contact to your mouth and nose, which are the vital respiratory organs that are most prone to infections.
Choose the most suitable fabric face mask for you and purchase it. You just don’t need to procure a mask but wearing them regularly is also important. Because of economic reasons, it is advised that you must go for a reusable cotton cloth mask instead of the disposable masks. There are a few things that you must keep in mind with respect to handling masks. Read below to know more.
Do’s for Wearing a Face Mask
- Do wash your hands several times. Hand sanitizers are a very handy solution for cleaning your hands every time before wearing the mask.
- Do hold your masks only by the ear loops/straps/bands/ties. Be careful that you only touch the strings while wearing and opening it.
- Do make sure that your mouth and nose are covered properly, there shouldn’t be any gap in between.
- Do make sure that your mask is not exchanged by anyone else’s. This is something that can’t be accepted at all.
- Do wash your masks regularly with mild antiseptic using warm water. It is recommended that you must wash them after every use.
Don’ts for Wearing a Face Mask
- Don’t ever tough the mask front. Be careful while you are wearing the mask.
- Don’t make children under 2 years wear very thick layered masks, they might get suffocated. Consider face shields for kids.
- Don’t wear too loose or tight masks. Loose masks can be vulnerable whereas the tight ones are uncomfortable.
- Don’t wear your masks on your hands and head for being cool or looking stylish, this will contaminate your mask.
Although, there might be few people who are not comfortable in wearing face masks and still are struggling to accept it. But as the old school saying, “Prevention is better than cure”, never turns obsolete. You must follow all the necessary Covid-19 guidelines to protect yourself and your loved ones from being infected.
About Author: Vanshika is a versatile content writer and blogger at Indian Style Stealer. She writes on various subject and niche. Feel Free to Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.