There are many reasons to plan a music event. If you have a band, it provides the best avenue to showcase your own music. You can also plan for charity purposes where the proceeds go towards supporting a certain group of people or charity organization. It can also be a source of income for you. Whichever your reason is, you want to organize an event that will be the talk of the town. You want to put together an amazing event that will leave the audience yearning for more.
The success of every music event depends on how well you plan and organize the whole thing. In this case, you need some insights on how to go about it. Here are 5 steps to follow in planning a music event that will be a success.
Set up a budget
All the decisions that you will make concerning the music event will be based on how much money you have at your disposal for the event. That is why you should start planning your event by setting up your budget. Allocate how much money you will need for paying musicians and planning their itinerary if need be. Allocate the amount to pay the venue, for event promotion, and any other thing that you will need. A budget will work as a guideline to ensure that you don’t overspend for you to realize the purpose of the music event.
Decide on musicians and venue
If you want to attract a huge crowd, you need to go with the peoples’ sensational bands and musicians. You can start by researching the bands in the area. However, you need to keep in mind your budget and the scale of your event. Depending on your budget, you might need to sign up for upcoming bands, but be sure to mix it up with popular ones to keep the audience engaged.
In addition to signing up musicians, decide on the venue. Again, this will depend on your budget, but you need to keep in mind the number of people that you anticipate attending. Look around for event halls in the neighborhood. You should go with the one that has all the amenities that you need.
Plan the logistics
With musicians booked and a venue in mind, you need to start planning the logistics. The following are things that you need to take care of;
- Decide on the date, time, and age limit. You can then go ahead and book the venue that you spotted
- Decide on a timeline when all performers should arrive at the venue and inform them.
- Check out if there are any licenses or regulations that you need to observe and have that taken care of.
- Take of staffing for security people, ticketing personnel, sound engineer, and technical staff
- Decide on pricing categories, the number of people you anticipate, and decide on how you will sell the tickets. You can use ticketing platforms to ensure that you don’t oversell. If you will have tickets at the gate, start printing them
- Plan on the technical equipment- you can consult the manager of the venue to know if they have their own equipment. If you have to bring in your own equipment, start planning about it early enough. If you are going to use your computer to mix songs for the audience before the event starts, it is important that you have the DJ software setup with all the VST plugins that you require. If you don’t know where to start, you can consult computer-based audio production experts at… You will get all the guidance and DJing software that you need.
Promote the event
For a successful event, you want the word to reach as many people as you can. You can start by handing out flyers in popular spots and hanging posters at strategic places. You can also create promotional videos to share on social media platforms, related websites, and mainstream media if the budget allows. You can also ask the performers to share about the event on their pages.
Host the event
Finally, the day of the event is here. You need to make sure that everything is ready for the event before attendees start trickling in. Ensure that the performers and staff get there within the required timeline. In addition, ensure that you have all the items that you need for the backstage room. This includes refreshments, snacks, water, and the like. Most importantly, ensure that the seating, lighting, and sound system is in check for the event.
Planning a music event single-handedly can be overwhelming. You need to have a group of people helping you with the planning. Doing research online or offline also goes a long way in providing valuable insights. Don’t forget to ask for feedback after the event to help you improve on future ones that you will plan.