Watch President Obama discuss his proposal for the creation of a Veterans Jobs Corps from a Honeywell manufacturing facility in Minnesota.
Tuesday, November 11th, is Veterans Day and that is the theme for this week’s #TChat (Wednesday from 7 – 8 EST)
Topics include supporting Veterans in the workplace and issues Veterans face trying to re-enter the workforce.
A recent article in the Chicago Tribune identified how veterans view themselves as job seekers. All veterans surveyed were asked how strongly they agree with the following statements:
- I can think on my feet — 87 percent
- I work well on a team — 83 percent
- I have experience dealing with conflict effectively — 73 percent
- I have technology training — 65 percent
- I trust leaders/superiors — 58 percent
- I have experience working/serving in other countries — 48 percent