People usually divide their lives into specific periods, one of which begins with retirement. For some elderly people, this is a natural result of the withering of life, for others, a time of rest and serenity. It is not necessary to assume that old age has come along with the retirement, and now is the time not to live, but to live out. This is not at all the case.
A person’s retirement can be described as a transition from the hustle and bustle of life to a quiet haven of relaxation and enjoyment. Many men and women meet this stage of life with joy. As a rule, these are the people who have worked very hard all their lives, worked with children, participated in public life, or simply had an active life position and excellent energy. They were in a hurry to live for themselves, for children, in the name of family well-being. And now the time has come when you can relax and enjoy almost everything that happens to you.
Here are some helpful tips that will make your retirement peaceful and happy
1. In senior age, it is common to think about yourself and about your life, its spiritual component. A person thinks about how they lived and what they managed to do by now, reflects on spiritual and philosophical things. Thinking about all this helps them find answers to important questions, determine the main thing in life, decide what to devote their solid and wise years of life experience.
2. Read for 1 or 2 hours every day. Develop a habit of reading any book. It adds a lot of knowledge, expands your horizons. Knowledge is an ocean. We cannot know everything. While maintaining our interest, we should also spend some time reading good spiritual books. You should also learn about new technologies.
3. Someone chooses to help others as their main goal, while others have the strength and desire for mass charity. Many discover and develop creative talents in themselves and realise them – there is a lot of time to grow in this direction. Someone studies spiritual things, and someone decides on something for which there was not enough time, effort or money, and realises their old dreams. All this expresses the spiritual individuality of a person. Think about it. Perhaps in your soul, you will find the answer to this question and discover a new source of life in yourself?
Senior age is a time of wisdom, experience, knowledge and understanding of many things that others have yet to comprehend. The right point of view, thinking and attitude towards yourself and towards life will help you to live happily and fully at this time.
4. Don’t think too much about your age. Thinking too much about it causes despondency, depression and self-pity. And you shouldn’t waste your precious time on it! Age is a certain number of years lived, a figure in a passport, a biological mark of an organism. You were born, lived and live on – and let your path be filled with only good things throughout your life from beginning to end. See how much good there is in you, in your loved ones, in the world. With such thoughts, no sadness will take you down.
5. Do not talk about your sores, do not support the topic of poor health, illnesses, etc. It is better to talk with loved ones about something pleasant: it will be good for both you and them. Do not withdraw into yourself. Loneliness is hard for an elderly person. Over the years, you have probably developed a large family, relatives, friends and comrades. Love your loved ones and let them love you. Helping relatives in their lives will strengthen and improve your relationship, and through their gratitude, you will feel great.
6. Do not leave work if you want and can still work. Regular work will help you stay in shape for a long time. Start new hobbies, find interests, get positive impressions. They will make your life interesting and fulfilling.
7. Have a plan for your assets. A good plan will protect your family and allow you to have peace and tranquillity. Usually, this plan includes a will but may include various donation agreements, etc. Think carefully about how the plan for your assets will help your loved ones. David Kam & Co Solicitors can help you with that.
8. Try to eat low-calorie food: such food helps to reduce free radicals and increases stress resistance. Avoiding fatty foods leads to better overall health. People with low-calorie diets are healthier.
9. Vigorous activity is important: mandatory exercises or gymnastics in the morning, light jogging, comfortable sports. This issue must be discussed with a personal doctor and should be dealt with a trainer. In addition to improving your health, sports will make you more energetic and more confident. The main thing is that physical activity brings joy! The main thing is that physical activity brings joy! In order for the exercises to be useful, you need to:
- Discuss training with a doctor in advance;
- Do not lift heavy weights, do not accelerate;
- To strain and not hold your breath;
- Increase the load gradually: no more than 5% per week;
- Reduce loads during extreme fatigue; etc
10. Quitting bad habits is another step towards a healthy and happy retirement. It is necessary to exclude alcohol, smoking and fatty foods.
This approach to your health will rejuvenate, improve and strengthen your health and psyche, and will give you a lot of useful emotions and impressions.
Think of retirement age as a long-awaited vacation. Now you can do your favourite thing. After all, every person has a hobby. For example, someone starts to embroider and grow indoor plants. Others enjoy visiting theatres, museums, exhibitions. Now the attitude to art can open from the other side because there is time to consider and understand. You can even start writing because in your life there were many things that would be interesting to hear about the younger generation. The experience and wisdom that the older generation can pass on to us are invaluable.