One of the most common ways for a business to get their name out there into the world is with a good blog. A blog allows a business to have a human side, as your writing will make your business stand out in a way that is completely different to all other businesses. Your niche deserves conversation and the best way to create that conversation is to tell the world all about what you can do.
If you’re not hot on the idea of starting a written blog, the alternative option that’s just as good is a vlog – a video blog. Setting yourself up with the right shotgun microphone and camera will help you to capture the best possible video content and ensure that you are able to offer your customers and website visitors the best possible experience of your business. Below, we’ve got five tips to help you to make the best possible vlog for your customers.
- You should be more interesting. It sounds like bad advice, but it’s not! You need to be more interested in your business if you want to make your vlog a great one. Finding the right content to vlog isn’t always easy, though and it can mean that you end up being pretty lazy about it. If you want to be interesting in your vlog, consider planning your content to be more relevant, with challenges, dares, sports pranks, walk throughs, ‘day in the life’ segments and more. Mix it up and make it fun!
- Keep an eye on trends. Businesses are booming all over TikTok because they are keeping up with current trends in social media. If you can keep up with the trends that are everywhere right now, you’re going to have a much easier time offering an interesting service to customers. Create your own challenges and your own versions of them and watch your customers clamour to find more.
- Get to know others. Collaboration with others who create vlogs online will also help you to direct traffic back to your site. You can work your way up this way and get to know others in the vlogging community which will help you to be exposed and hosted elsewhere. This can drive that traffic that you need.
- Practice! It’s not actually that easy to talk into a camera but if you practice it, you can perfect it. Vlogging is hard – much harder than just talking to your audience via a camera in your face, and it really does become a skill over time. A good alternative if you’re not happy being camera-ready is to be a voice behind the lens.
- Add music. You need to make your vlogs captivating, and that means thinking about how you can spice up the videos that you make to make them more interesting. The music you add can affect the way that people view your videos, and the intros and outros really matter, too! Spice up the videos and make people want to click on them!