Here are 5 tips to making sure you are curating content thoughtfully and to ensure that you get the most benefit from sharing.
- Find a topic that interests you. If you are not interested in the content you are curating, why would anyone else be?
- Subscribe to lots of great feeds. I start each day reading my feeds to see what is interesting and exciting. I check my feeds throughout the day to add to what I am sharing.
- Share with Care. When I share content, I try to attribute the content to the author as well as the source. This often requires an extra step to find the author’s Twitter handle (for example) but it will be much appreciated and will result in increased followers.
- Add a visual when possible. “Images and videos are the foundations of the internet’s new language, and they are likely to dominate the digital marketing scene in 2014.”
- Space your shares out. What are the best times to share on social media?
What are your tips for curating content?