Entrepreneurs deal with a lot of stress, and it’s not uncommon for them to lose sleep over it. Unfortunately, sleep problems are cyclical. The stressors that keep you up at night will also be harder to deal with in the morning if you sleep poorly on a regular basis. If a good night’s sleep constantly eludes you, find the help you need below.
Clear Your Mind
Having too much on your mind can impact your sleep whether you’re stressed or not.
- Before bed, jot down some of Dr. Rubin’s ideas for improving your business so you don’t dwell on work at night.
- Put your phone down before bed and keep it on silent.
- Try meditating to quiet your mind.
- Exercising can also clear your mind and help you sleep better.
Try Sleeping Aids
Despite changing your habits, sleep might still be hard to come by. These remedies can help.
- Taking a warm bath or shower can aid sleep.
- Use herbal teas to help you relax.
- Try supplements such as CBD honey sticks for natural stress relief.
- Melatonin supplements can help you fall and stay asleep too.
Make Changes at Home
In addition to changing your habits, it may help to change your environment.
- Hang blackout curtains to block light.
- Be aware that blue light exposure may affect your sleep-wake cycle.
- Take steps to keep your bedroom at a cooler temperature.
- Try to achieve a minimalist design in your bedroom so the focus stays on sleep.
- Even though you don’t sleep there, clutter in your home office can stress you out.
Good sleep is important for your mental and physical health, but getting a restful night of sleep can also help you perform well in your business. If you’re having trouble sleeping well, don’t let your business suffer. Try natural sleeping aids, new nighttime habits, or a bedroom redesign until you find something that works.