What is the primary difference in approach in marketing approaches between successful fashion brands and those who are not so successful? Well, the answer is simple. They take users behind the scenes!
The good things about taking the users behind the scenes are that:
- They get a chance to take a peek behind the curtain
- They feel like being treated like and VIP and most importantly
- You give a natural and human touch to your posts.
All these increases the level of engagement, which is primarily essential for any form of marketing, Instagram and otherwise, for every type of business, fashion or retail. This is because:
- It is only an engaged user will be interested to know more about you, your brand and product.
- They will find ways to reach to you and click on the link provided to visit your website for more details.
In short, you get an immense opportunity to increase the traffic count to your fashion site. Therefore, if you want to grow your business, then do not hesitate to take your users behind the scenes.
However, the following ‘Behind the Scenes’ technique needs to be precise and planned to make it as effective as it should be. Here is what you should know and do to drive more of your followers for Instagram towards your site.
Focus on photography
It is known to all that Instagram does not like or allow inferior, grained or low-resolution photos. Therefore, when you create a video or shoot photos for your Instagram posts, make sure that you know about the basics of photography and implement it while taking the pictures. Follow these tips form expert photographers to take stunning shots.
- The simplest way is to use everyday locations, preferably natural, standard props and essential lighting equipment. This will provide your viewers with a close-up view of your world.
- Just as lighting is essential to ensure that the object is not hidden behind the shadows or flooded with an excess of light, it is also crucial to focus on the perspective.
- If you use models, a celeb or your workers creating the product, make sure that they are appropriately dressed according to the situation. From the attire to the shoes, everything will add to the perspective, uniqueness and appeal of the photos.
- Focus on the glow on the face of the models as most of these pictures will be viewed on smartphones. If you use smartphones to shoot, this glow will be automatically there when you take the photo for further editing.
Lastly, focus on the angles and the props used in the particular shot. This will make your pictures and video look excellent.
The editing aspects
Next the editing aspect of your photos to make it look great. Photo editing is the feature that will modify the images drastically both for the objects as well as the models used in it. It’s all about creating two senses, namely:
- Beauty to the untrained eyes and
- A false sense of perfection.
For this, you will need to use more than the filters that come with the Instagram platform to lend you a helping hand. These tools and software will help you a lot when you are stuck in the process.
- These tools will not only help you to regain the motivation required but also that of your users to continue viewing your video or does not leave your account.
- The tools will also help you to capture the true essence of the pictures and message that you want to convey through it.
- It will help you to create winning videos or photos. These will then stand out in a crowd of millions of pictures and videos that are posted on this platform every day.
Always take a step back every once in a while, and check for the other areas that you can improve in your photos and videos. This will help you to create posts that will be loved by your followers not only on Instagram but across all social media accounts.
Take models into the natural world
You must make your pictures and videos look most natural, and none of the elements should look stuffed into it. It should reflect and resemble real life, and since you are dealing with fashion products that will be used often in daily life, this is all the more critical.
Experts say that you will gain a lot of views, comments and shares when you create videos and pictures that contain:
- Playful shots
- Wacky and weird realms and most importantly
- Taking your models, if any, into the natural world.
It is a common belief among the famous photographers that whenever there is foliage, there is an opportunity for a photo. That being said, you should display the primary and banal settings more often when you shoot. It will then be easy for the next stage of Photoshopping to make the ordinary picture or video extraordinary.
Take too many photos
This is another crucial aspect that you should look into while taking your pictures. There are several reasons for it, such as:
- It takes more than 10, 20, and even 50 photos to produce a picture-perfect photo for posting on Instagram.
- Moreover, if you take a considerable number of photos, you will always have new ones to post and share on your blog and Instagram thereby keeping your feed always fresh and exciting.
Ideally, it still takes several shots to find the right photo, and if you do not have it in hand you will be struggling to find the right one, and your followers will have to wait for fresh content. It is highly likely that they will walk out of the frame when you finally post one.
You will find it easy to share the real moments with your followers when you have and use a lot of curated feeds. The millions of Instagrammers out there looking for fresh and exciting content and it keep changing just like fashion. This approach will enable you to keep both satisfied and happy.
Author Bio Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance