From reviews and consultations with experts, it is evident that marketing is a crucial component for me to consider before launching an online store. The choice of my market niche will play a significant role in determining how much money is to be made. Once you get the marketing aspect right, then everything else falls into place, but if it’s wrong, then it might be a struggle to make any meaningful sales. Therefore, following some of the steps listed below can encourage the growth of the best online shop the internet has ever seen.
Having a solid marketing strategy overrides anything else when setting up an online store, including finding customers, choosing a logo, and building a website. Although choosing a marketing strategy is not a hard task, it’s something that has to be done thoughtfully and in advance. Some of the popular marketing strategies include platform marketing, SEO, and paid marketing. Considering all of these tactics can be overwhelming at first, especially if this is the first online shop you have ever opened, but there are plenty of online resources that can be used to help guide you. If it’s too much to consider, there are will always be digital marketing professionals willing to help. You can click here to meet some of the professionals who can help you grow a good platform.
With this marketing strategy, It’s all about finding keywords for the products that you want to sell and program your site to rank those words in Google. SEO has the following benefits:
- Search traffic returns the highest volume of traffic of any traffic source
- With dependable traffic streams, there’s an assured revenue for the business
- Search traffic can be immensely profitable even at scale
If deciding to use SEO as an online marketing strategy, then your focus will revolve around the following three things:
- Creating good content so that people can link to it as a source
- Building useful words that can engage content for non-key words in my category
- Optimization of my product pages for keywords
Paid marketing comes in handy for some online stores. Examples may include sponsored posts on social media such as Facebook and Instagram, as well as paid for results in Google search. However, paid marketing is effective for products that could be featured in a mall. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Simple to understand: a product should be understood within three seconds. Complicated sales processes are likely to put off potential clients
- Highly visual and eye-catching: Highly visible products are aggressive on social media such as Instagram
- Consumer products: Social media channels are not easy for business products
- Impulse friendly price point: I will ensure that my ads are price-friendly, which will easily attract customers
Instead of setting up your store and using a particular type of marketing to get traffic, you can opt to leverage on eCommerce platforms such as eBay, Etsy, and Amazon.
For you to select the right product for your online store, you’ll have to conduct thorough research through reviews and consultations. You’ll try to differentiate your product from the rest by choosing a product that isn’t dominating marketing channels but has a moderate price range. Still, you’ll need to ensure that the product that you want to market has enough demand. A keyword for the product should generate more than 1,000 searches per month on SEO and Google Ads and 100 reviews per month on Amazon. Therefore, you should try to pick a category where you have experience and where there is demand.
This is the most challenging part as most fancy names may have been trademarked, and the best websites have sometimes been taken. Nevertheless, you should still try hard to get a good title for your online store. Factors to consider while creating a brand name include:
- A name that can get the .com domain,
- Should be short, preferably a maximum of three letters,
- Easy to spell,
- Easily understood,
- Doesn’t conflict with other trademarks,
- Is in line and relevant to my category.
You will need to share your website link to all of your followers on social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. After that, you will simply need to wait for your first online review. As the store beings to grow, you can then begin to invest more in your marketing channels and reach a wider audience. Growth will not happen overnight so be prepared for a slow start. Once you start to get recognized, more people will begin to visit your online shop.