With the proliferation of the internet, online gaming has become more popular than it has ever been.
From the early days of 2D and first-person shooting games, the online gaming industry has come a long way to complex and real-life titles.
Every year, millions of dollars pour into the industry, making it one of the most dominant forms of entertainment. In the UK alone, the gaming sector accounted for 51.3 percent of the entertainment market in 2018 as per venturebeat.com.
The industry generated an impressive $5.05 billion in sales, outselling music and film combined for the first time.
According to forbes.com, the global gaming industry showed a similar growing trend with a net worth of more than $150 billion by the end of 2019.
Whether you like single-player titles or prefer competing your friends in multiplayer gaming, there are ways that can make your online gaming experience better than ever. Follow these tips to get the most out of your online gaming sessions.
Upgrade your system hardware:
Success with online games largely depends on the type of computer hardware you use.
If your online gaming experience is punctuated by frequent pauses, lags, and crashes, you are likely to be left annoyed and deeply frustrated.
Outdated computer hardware can no longer handle the latest games since they require quick processing, graphic cards, full HD monitors, and other gaming equipment.
Modern games are increasingly getting realistic that require powerful graphics cards to run smoothly. Gamers also need to make sure that drivers on these cards are constantly updated so that they can get enough FPS boost for optimum gaming experience.
Professional gamers can also enhance their experience by upgrading the outdated HDDs with solid-state drives (SSD).
SSDs will significantly reduce the loading times as they do not rely on mechanical parts, which degrade in performance with time. Solid-state drives will cost you a considerable amount of money, but they won’t drag you behind when you are making efforts to get ahead.
Invest in the right gaming accessory:
Finding the right gaming accessories can get a little tricky as there are numerous options to lay your hands on. From expensive headsets and microphones to comfortable chairs and game controllers, you can find a variety of ways to improve your online gaming experience. It doesn’t stop at physical accessories either, sometimes it might be preferential to check out a site like https://clash.gg/cases to buy yourself some cases for your favourite game to get some cool items that enhance your experience.
Following are some of the gadgets that will take your gaming to the next level.
- Gaming chair: Gamers usually sit for countless hours in front of the screen, making themselves vulnerable to possible neck issues and posture problems. So, it would be best if you had a gaming chair that would make the entire playtime comfortable. Make sure that your main focus is on comfort and stability when choosing a chair.
- Gaming Keyboard: Professional gamers need a high-end gaming keyboard with durable keys that can stand the test of time. Choose a keyboard with a backlit option so that you can see the keys when gaming in the dark.
- Gaming Mouse: Another accessory that can make a difference in your gaming is a gaming mouse. With features like quick click and customization, you can significantly improve your online gaming experience.
- Headset and microphone: Whether you aim to play a single game like PUBG or a subscription-based game like Mummy Fighter offered by Unlimited Gamez mo, you need a gaming headset for loud sound and music. Since they come with an integrated microphone, you will be able to communicate during multi-player games without disturbing the household.
Use a wired connection:
Wired connections are much faster than wireless connections because they are least subjected to interference. Your online gaming experience will be fine if you are playing casual games on a wireless connection with strong signal strength, but a wired connection is ideal for more hardcore games.
Lower the number of connections:
Your internet speed will suffer as the number of connections on your network increases. If someone is downloading a large file or streaming a high-definition video using your network, the performance on your end will inevitably suffer. Hence, you need to access the router’s setup page and check who is using your network.
Reduce the number of users or at least minimize the connections when playing games that require high internet bandwidth speeds.
Keep snacks and drinks nearby:
If you tend to play for long hours, you will need to refill your energy and keep yourself fresh. Keep a drink and some food adjacent to your desk and eat or drink when you feel hungry or thirsty. This can be a perfect idea during online games because they cannot be paused.
If you have ever played console games, you might be familiar with the term NAT.
The Network Address Translation or NAT is a fundamental part of computer networking. It is essential for online gaming because it determines the type of servers you can connect to and vice versa. NAT can be divided into three categories. Here is a summary of what each category means:
- Open NAT: Ideally, you will want to have an open NAT because it allows you to connect with players regardless of the NAT type they have. With Open NAT, you will face no lag and disconnection while playing or communicating with other players.
- Moderate NAT: Users who have Moderate NAT can only connect to players with Moderate or Strict NAT. Moderate NAT is still good, but gamers can face game lag or slower connections.
- Strict NAT: The third type of NAT allows you to connect only with players who have an Open NAT. Strict NAT significantly reduces your chances of finding games and can adversely affect your gameplay with lags and disconnections.
It is pertinent to mention that the optimal NAT setting varies with the type of platform you use to play online games. Here is a visual depiction of the type of NATs for different platforms.
The best way to improve online gaming experience is to use the right gaming gadgets and ensure that no one else uses your network during playtime.
Upgrade your system and try to join a nearby server to avoid disconnections and lagging. These tips will hopefully put you in the best position for online games.
About Michelle Joe: Michelle Joe is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences, and express herself through her blogs. You can find her on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook