Your workplace – be that a warehouse or an office – is an essential component to the success of your business. Therefore, you need to ensure that you invest in the building itself, to ensure it is not only safe but welcoming. When you create the perfect space, you’ll notice a significant improvement in employee morale and productivity!
With that in mind, you must give your workplace a makeover in 2021. Here’s how you can do it.
- Add flair to your workplace by updating the flooring and furniture. Say goodbye to decades-old chairs and bring in a newer, more comfortable model. The more relaxed and comfortable your employees are, the more they will be able to focus on their work.
- Make the most of natural light. Open the blinds and curtains. If possible, install a skylight. This is far better than overusing dully fluorescent lighting and can help employees feel more alert.
- Add a fresh coat of paint. A coat of paint can make a difference in the workplace and can breathe fresh life into an otherwise outdated space. Pay attention to the colors you chose, as they can change the atmosphere of the room. For example, warm, light colors create a sense of warmth, whilst cool tones promote relaxation.
- Update your facilities. Outdated facilities will fail to make a strong impression on both your customers and employees and could even pose a threat to their safety. You should regularly inspect your facilities to ensure that everything is running smoothly. If you locate a fault, figure out what you need to do to resolve it – whether that means calling in a mechanic, or souring new parts online. Thankfully, the latter has never been easier to do – thanks to companies such as FurnacePartsSource – who provide you with easy access to Furnace parts, from fans to a fenwal controller.
- Bring in some plants. Numerous studies have shown that plants can increase productivity in the workplace. They also look great!
- Remove clutter. It’s easy for clutter to accumulate in the workplace, from papers piling up on desks to equipment filling the store cupboards. However, clutter leads to unproductivity – whether it means it takes you longer to find something or the sight of it induces stress. Therefore, an office makeover is incomplete without a good declutter. Throw away anything that is no longer needed.
- Go paperless. Paper takes up a lot of space, especially if you need regular access to a wide range of documents. Not only is this bad for the environment, but as we continue to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, passing papers between colleagues is not ideal. Therefore, you should make a real effort to go paperless. Invest in technology that allows your employees to gain access to all the materials they need from behind a screen!
- When you’re giving your workplace a makeover, make sure you pay attention to every part of the office. Not just the spaces that the customer will see. This includes the staff room. It needs to be a fun, comfortable place where employees can take a well-needed rest during their break!