Your brand is the first and foremost image of your product, and the perception of your company in the mind of everyone in your surrounding, be it your customers, investors or your competitors. It is implied that the brand image holds great value. However, this reputation is extremely fringe, and there is nothing more disastrous than the brand image is tarnished and caught in a controversy in this world of digital media.
It takes years to build a brand image and seconds to destroy it. Although, even if you find yourself in such turmoil, there are ways in which you can revive your brand and re-establish its image. So here are a few ways that you must consider while you are rebranding:
- Plan ahead – Planning everywhere is one of the most essential things in any aspect. If you have planned ahead of the effect of any such misfortune, it won’t be that damaging. You should prepare a backup strategy beforehand in order to cope with the ill effects of any such thing that happens. Once such event has occurred, you can imply the plan that you have made and refurbish the brand image gradually.
- Acknowledge the issue – The very first step that you are supposed to do after an unfortunate event is to take ownership of the event and acknowledge it publicly. If it was a mistake that you made, then you must issue an apology in order to state that there was a mistake and by issuing this apology we are accepting the responsibility for the error. This will lay a basic trust foundation for your rebuilding process.
- Let the dust settle – You must realize that once your mistake has turned up, it will be spoken upon a lot, and today’s social media sites are famous for making a huge mess of a smaller matter. Do not lose your calm. Just wait for some time and let the controversy mellow down a bit. Once people are done talking about it only then try to intervene, else the situation might turn even worse for the brand.
- Identify your allies – Even in the event of your brand image being spoilt, there will be a particular section of your customers, and some of your business partners, etc. who will stay along with you. Recognize these well-wishers and ask for their further help, as they will be one of those links which will spread positivity for your company using their means. Thank them and reward them suitably.
- Start the rebuilding process – You need to assure your customers that you care about them. Seek sympathy by telling your customers that mistakes do happen and that you are trying your level best to re-adjust for the error that occurred. You must deploy various strategies and tactics that will enable you to regain the lost trust. You can hire rebranding consultants as they are experienced in their field and will help you fare through.
- Share your progress – Once you are on the road to rebuilding your brand and you are engaging all sorts of strategies and tactics to regain that lost trust, a better idea would be to share your actions and corrective measures affluently. This way people will realize that you are working hard to gain back your reputation. They will be ready and more acceptable to the fact of giving you a second chance, which is all that you need.
Rebuilding your brand after a PR disaster is not an easy task to perform. You must have a positive mind throughout the process, and you must make sure that you will not lose hope and your patience. Slowly with time, you will see your brand is regaining its image and is flourishing, with your reputation rebuilding again.
Author Bio: Neil Quiddington is the Managing Director of Simplify Branding, a reputed branding agency in the UK. Neil is passionate about turning small and big businesses into successful brands, through innovative strategies and unswerving hard-work.