Whether you build cars and trucks or sell them, driving home the message of vehicle safety never gets old.
How do you make sure consumers are aware of the different safety features you offer? Even more important, how do you entice them to use such features?
Although you do not want to put fear in the minds of drivers, you do want them cognizant of potential dangers.
So, are you promoting vehicle safety?
Using Your Website to Drive More Business in Your Direction
Pre-Internet, builders and dealers relied on ads and word-of-mouth marketing to make sales. Although those still work to this day, the web changed how making and selling vehicles works.
For example, do you know how backup camera systems offer more safety in the vehicles they ride in?
With such a system, drivers are able to do the following:
- See other drivers – Even a small fender-bender has potential to cause problems. Not only is there damage to one or both vehicles, but injuries can occur at slow speeds. The backup camera system allows the driver going in reverse to see oncoming vehicles.
- See pedestrians – It is not uncommon for pedestrians to dart in and out of traffic. This is especially the case when they are in crowded parking lots such as stores and malls. The backup camera system assists the driver in locating those that he or she may otherwise miss.
- See stationery poles and other objects – Stationery objects can present problems too. Hitting a pole or other such object backing up can cause more than a scratch or two to your vehicle. That backup camera system will show you how close you are getting to the object before hitting it.
In using the Internet to promote the brand of vehicles you make or sell, be sure to have a website that offers:
- Easy maneuverability – If your site is hard to maneuver around, do you expect visitors to stay long? Review your site to make sure you do not have broken links, pages that load too slow, and copy that is as free of errors.
- Contact info – There is a good chance some visitors to your site have questions about a vehicle and safety. As a result, be sure that you provide them with easy to find contact information. Nothing irritates an online visitor more than when they have to hunt for information.
Socializing the Vehicle Safety Experience
You also want to be sure that you do not miss out on all that social media offers your brand.
Whether a vehicle maker or one selling cars and trucks; use social media to the fullest extent. This will allow you to reach out to the millions of consumers spending time on social media sites.
Among some of the best ones to drive forward with:
You should also incorporate images and even videos into your posts.
If promoting safety like lane-departure warning systems, include a link to a video. This helps potential buyers of your brand can see how the system can help prevent accidents.
Last, don’t be afraid to interact with consumers when they leave feedback or question on any of your pages.
By having dialogue with consumers, you are more driven to make sales.