Small and medium scale businesses around the globe know that social media is perpetual tool and here to stay. It doesn’t mean that you’ve already put in the necessary effort or time to nurture a strong presence and hold on the right networks.
- If you’re to optimize your social media presence, you need to do so to avail the benefits.
- There are numerous advantages to harnessing your brand and service on social media, which includes that it can help you enhance your customer service.
- It allows you to communicate with prospects and customers on a new level, helping you draw more traffic and engage your audience, and also reach new ones.
- It helps you in building authority as well. Concisely, a strong social media strategy can boost business growth by developing loyal and lasting relationships with customers and commercial prospects.
- Choosing the right networks are critical for business growth.
Facebook is the largest avenue, with over 2 million active monthly users. It’s idea for brands seeking to generate leads and drive relationships. LinkedIn is a business networking platform for B2b and B2C brand to engage audiences, build authority, and create trust.
Twitter thrives on immediacy and is ideal for brands whose main customers are under 50 and are always looking appraise themselves of time-sensitive and pivotal information like trending topics, announcements, and breaking news.
As per premier Social Media Examiner’s reports, over 65% of small brands are on social media to generate and increase leads. But the biggest benefit of using social media is not leads only. It’s the ability and bandwidth to provide highly-qualified and pervasive leads through cutting-edge targeting.
There are some findings that show that improving leads’ quality is a big barrier to commercial success. A great place to initiate the process is by promoting and cultivating gated content on your social media channels. You need to content that’s compatible with your followers’ interests.
- You can do it by designing graphics that are visually appealing and cater to your brand.
- You need to write for your social media reader and audience.
- Don’t forget to include a call to action or CTA as it creates a sense of business and urgency.
Businesses on social media leverage it to enhance their search engine ranking. Your website’s domain authority increases when the share rate of your social media increases. It improves your pages’ search engine ranking.
Many consumers/customers visit your social media channels before heading to your site to get a comprehensive understanding of your business and make a purchase. So, more visits to your profiles will bolster your page’s ranking, and also improve the consumers’ chances of featuring among the top pages.
Enhancing social media marketing
Adding audio is a great way to boost your social media presence. Recording audio means you choose your message, select a program that enables recording and editing, and select a good place to host your product. Beef up and spice up blogging. You have myriad ways to do. To get the most out of your endeavors, your blog must be mobile-friendly.
- Instagram is the best platform to put shorter posters for a minimalistic approach.
- Coax fresh air and life into old, cliched content. You can reshare them across your platforms to draw new attention to that content.
- You can gain new followers and likes from blastup.com.
- Draw on your niche and community. It can be an uphill task to cope with customer queries, especially if it’s only you who’s trying to answer. Involving your community will always help to drive more engagement.
- Use better infographics to generate buzz and the cultivate the power of SlideShare. The romance between businesses and slide decks is nothing new. Upload old and new presentations to SlideShare.
The impact of visuals
You need to share compelling and attractive visuals to maximize the impact. Do remember that people expect your social posts to imbibe a visual component. The images you share on social media generate real-world action. Most internet users say that their recent fashion purchases came at the backdrop of images they viewed on social media.
Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest, in particular, are networks running on visuals. If your content doesn’t look hale and hearty, nobody will stop scrolling to pause and read your post. Good graphics can even boost tweets. For service businesses on social media, great and enticing imagery can be an uphill task.
But every brand can tell its story through videos and photos. You can show your firm culture with inside-the-office images. It’s also important monitor relevant social media conversations and responds to them.
- Keep the tab on the conversations happening about your business/brand outside the online ambit. Respond to them wherever appropriate.
- You call this social listening. You need to schedule your content for freeing up more time for customer-engagement.
- Once you have a proper calendar, you can create and curate your social posts well in advance. The right scheduling tools help you your content automatically in a timely manner.
- You can then devote your time to creating more social content.
In a nutshell
By promoting your business on social media, you can attract a larger user base or audience segment. Current marketing channels have specific restrictions to reach out to your audience. For example, email marketing is equally powerful as your email list.
- On the other hand, social media drastically spikes your reach. Apart from organic reach, it allows you to convey your message to the vast, untapped audience/traffic through paid ads.
- You can target followers across the funnel stages. You can run targeted advertisements using custom traffic.
- You upload your customer list. Remarketing lets you craft a neat message that communicates with the buyer. It depends on the buyer’s experience and journey’s stage.
- By combining your email campaigns with ad campaigns, you have better scopes to grow your sales.
Social media is also an effective and prove platform to enhance and innovate on your commercial strategies and marketing. You can keep testing your creative tools to understand what suits your audience the most.
The insights/analytics segment of social media provides thorough insights of your followers.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.